Is it still safe to have a portrait session?
As Covid-19 cases continue to rise across the UK and the rest of the world, it is clear this isn't going away any time soon. We need to adapt new ways to keep ourselves and the people around us safe.
One question I'm frequently asked by old and new clients is "do I have to wear a face mask?"
In short, no, you don't have to, because I have several other measures in place to protect both your family and mine, although it is encouraged. At the time of writing this post, Ashford, Kent is Tier 1, and the Covid-19 risk is "medium". This means that we are allowed to meet in groups of up to 6 indoors and outdoors. This, in addition to the extra precautions we have in place, means that the studio environment is a safe place to be.
At Baby Elephant Portraits, your safety is our top priority. We work hard to minimise the risk of spread. Here are some of the additional measures that are in place to keep everyone safe:
NHS Covid App - Track & Trace
We request that all clients either scan the NHS Covid QR code, or fill in a health questionnaire the night before the shoot.
Personal Protective Equipment
To protect everyone, all studio staff observe the following:
• Wearing of a full face shield
• No gloves - these give false sense of security
• Frequent hand washing and sanitising
• Minimal physical interaction with clients
• 1m+ distance observed at all times
The Premises (Studio)
• The studio is kept well ventilated throughout the session
• A deep clean is undertaken between every session, including floors. Props & fabrics are washed and sanitised.
• There is a minimum of 72 hours between client sessions to allow for quarantine of unwashable fabrics
• Refreshments: self service coffee machine; bottled water & individually wrapped snacks are available; clients are welcome to bring their own
• Sanitise hands on arrival
• Leave shoes by front door
• Check in using NHS Track & Trace app
• OR fill in a Covid 19 questionnaire and return it the night prior to session.
• Frequently wash & sanitise hands
• Maintain 1m+ distance, and have minimal physical contact with studio staff
I hope this article helps put you at ease, if you have any questions/concerns, I'm always happy to have a chat with you!
Ready to book a session?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Cake smashes have been increasing in popularity over the last few years. So much so, the BBC picked up on this new trend and received mixed reviews. So what’s got us going crazy over this American tradition? Unique celebration of a major milestone No matter which way...
It goes without saying - the advancement of modern technology over the last 10 years has been amazing. Remember when we had different devices to make calls, take photographs, listen to music and keep track of our appointments? It would seem EVERYONE and their mother...